Site policy agreement
- No medical advice:
- For consumers: The information on this website is not medical advice. It is generic and does not take into account your personal circumstances, physical wellbeing, mental status or mental requirements. Do not use this information to treat or diagnose your own or another person's medical condition and never ignore medical advice or delay seeking it because of something on this website. Any medical questions should be referred to a qualified healthcare professional. If in doubt, please always seek medical advice. To the extent permitted by law, Orygen will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your use of or reliance on this information.
- For health care professionals: The information on this website is provided for general educational and information purposes only. Any diagnosis and/or treatment decisions in respect of an individual patient should be made based on your professional investigations and opinions in the context of the clinical circumstances of the patient. To the extent permitted by law, Orygen will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your use of or reliance on this information. You rely on your own professional skill and judgement in conducting your own health care practice. Orygen does not endorse or recommend any products, treatments or services referred to in this information.
Your privacy:Your privacy is important to Orygen. Orygen collects personal information about you when you use this website.
What purposes will we use your information?
Orygen will use this information to:
- arrange your participation and for your participation in the education and training programs including engagement with other participants;
- conduct the education and training programs and liaise with your employing organisation (only where your participation in the education or training program has been organised by your employing organisation);
- enhance your experience of our website and online training programs;
- or any other purposes related to these purposes.
Who will we disclose your information to?
When using your information for the purposes above, it may be necessary for Orygen to disclose your information to our employees, third-party service providers (such as IT service providers) who are located in Australia and overseas or your employing organisation (only where your participation in the education or training program has been organised by your employing organisation).
Your profile information on our website including your name, profile picture, personal bio, forum posts, leader board, and streak information may be shared with other participants in the education and training programs.
If you do not wish for us to use the profile information in this way, you can go to your profile page at any time after agreeing to these terms and conditions and follow the instructions to hide your profile.
Phone: 03 9966 9100
By accepting these terms and conditions, you consent to the collection and use of your information in the way described in this privacy collection notice. If you do not wish for your information to be used in this way, please do not accept the terms and conditions.
- Using Orygen documents: Orygen owns (or licenses) all rights (including copyright) in all documents and materials contained in this LMS. If you would like to use or reproduce any documents provided in this LMS, please refer to Orygen's Copyright Statement for the terms and conditions on which you may do so.
- Links to other websites not endorsed: This LMS may contain links to other websites or applications owned, operated or produced by third party organisations independent of Orygen (Third Party Sites). The links are provided for convenience only and Orygen has not verified and does not sponsor, endorse or approve of the operators of, or any materials on (including information, products or services), those Third Party Sites, which also may not remain current or be maintained. Orygen accepts no liability for the content of those Third Party Sites or any loss you may suffer as a result of accessing them. You should contact the third party directly if you have any queries or concerns regarding Third Party Sites or their content.
- Linking to this website: Please contact Orygen if you would like to place a link to any part of this LMS.
- Other products or services not endorsed: Orygen does not endorse or recommend any products or treatments referred to in this LMS.
- Availability of website: Since electronic services are subject to interruption and breakdown, access to this LMS is offered on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis only.
- Sharing of accounts:
- Each user account on this website must belong to only one single individual person.
- Orygen reserves the right to shut down any user account which it reasonably believes to be in breach of Clause 9.1.
- Agreement with these terms indicates that your user account is in compliance with Clause 9.1.
- You agree that you will not intentionally make your account available for access by any other person.
- You agree that you will take all reasonable measures to prevent your account from being accessed by any person or entity other than yourself.
- Posting on the site: When posting content on this website in a manner which will make it available to users other than yourself and staff at Orygen, the following conditions apply:
- Orygen reserves the right to remove your content at any time.
- Orygen may make cosmetic changes to your content without changing the information contained within.
- You will not post content which:
- Contains or promotes inaccurate, inappropriate or harmful advice;
- Orygen or a reasonable person would consider inappropriate, including content which is:
- racist, sexist, transphobic, biphobic, homophobic or in any other way discriminatory;
- obscene or contains graphic sexual language;
- defamatory or overly critical of individuals or organisations; or
- likely to cause harm or distress to other readers of the content;
- Is posted for commercial purposes or advertises or endorses any products or services of another organisation;
- Infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party; or
- Contains material or code which may interfere with other people's use of the site.
- While Orygen will monitor the content that is posted, Orygen may not monitor the content at all times. You should notify Orygen of any inappropriate content and you should ignore any content that is offensive to you until it is removed by Orygen.
- Orygen disclaims all liability, is not responsible for, and does not endorse any content submitted by any users of the LMS.
- No Warranties:
- All information on the LMS is subject to change without notice.
- Orygen cannot guarantee that the LMS will be free from viruses, or that access to the LMS or a Third Party Site will function as intended or be uninterrupted.
- While reasonable effort is taken to ensure that the information in the LMS is accurate, (subject to section 13 below) it is general information provided on an 'as is' basis and as outlined in section 2 it is not medical advice and is not tailored to your particular circumstances or condition. We do not assume any liability for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in the LMS. You accept all risks and responsibility for losses, damages, costs and other consequences resulting directly or indirectly from using the LMS. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Orygen (including our employees and consultants) exclude all liability to any person for any consequences, including but not limited to all losses, damages, costs, expenses and any other compensation, arising directly or indirectly from using the LMS (in part or in whole) and any information or material contained in them.
- Restrictions on use of LMS: You agree that you will not:
- use any information in this LMS for any commercial purpose or otherwise (either directly or indirectly) for profit or gain; or
- use any device, software or process to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of This website.
- General: Orygen may change these terms at any time by publishing updates on the LMS. These terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. Nothing in these terms is intended to exclude, restrict or modify rights which you may have under common law, the Australian Consumer Laws or other legislation (Relevant Laws) which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement. If any provision of these terms is invalid under any Relevant Laws, that provision is enforceable to the extent that it is not invalid, whether it is in severable terms or not.